Thursday, January 14, 2010

Can deep tissue massage help my lower back pain? My chiropractor is all booked up and I won't take pills...

I am not into muscle relaxers and strong pain killers when not needed. I have had some bad lower back issues before (most of the time when I run on a treadmill). I have very strong abs since I'm in ballet and we are required to do tons of strengthening exercies before class starts. Would an hour of deep tissue help to straighten my back up?Can deep tissue massage help my lower back pain? My chiropractor is all booked up and I won't take pills...
Yes, it can if it is done properly. Considering your high level of activity, I'm sure you have developed really compressed discs in your low back if you have very strong abs, which may be contributing to your leg tingling (caused probably by nerve entrapments or compressions in the low back and/or hips). An hour of deep tissue would help, but if you continue with a high level of activity, you may want to consider regular alternating schedules between your DC %26amp; your MT. The more the back %26amp; hip muscles relax, the less compressive forces there will be on your joints, thus allowing adjustments to happen easier and hold longer. I would venture a guess, too, that your primary hip flexors (iliopsoas [ill-e-oh-so-as]) are tighter than suspension bridge cables! I could be wrong, but it is worth discussing it with your MT or DC.Can deep tissue massage help my lower back pain? My chiropractor is all booked up and I won't take pills...
Yes???





Have you not tried it yet?


Must try it. It is natural healing that requires touch/someone else has to do this. Just goes to show you we can't live alone in this world.
See an Osteopath (in the USA only. UK osteopaths are cranks).
Yes.....and No.....





Yes, a good deep tissue massage session might help, but only a one-hour session, as you imply, isn't going to totally do it.





It's been a certain rarity tht someone coming into my own prctice has totally ';been straighten up'; in just one session.





Lastly, when chosing a massage therapist, be sure to find one that practices a structural type of massage method to get you ';straight';





Consider:


http://www.a-body-for-living.com/neuromu鈥?/a>
It could, but you also might consider acupuncture. Also, have you considered that it might be a kidney infection? Any other symptoms other than lower back pain?...Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment