Friday, January 15, 2010

Deep tissue massage question...?

I went for a deep tissue massage about 24 hrs ago on a shoulder that has a lot of knots/adhesions..I woke up this morning completely out of it, and have been exhausted and out of it all day...is this normal? Also, why did my therapist tell me to drink a ton of water over the next 24 hrs following my massage?Deep tissue massage question...?
Agree with Minerva.





The soreness symptoms are NORMAL. Actually that's a good sign that the muscles are loosen up, are waking up. If you feel exhausted its because you have a lot of toxins on your body that are releasing, so yes... that's why you need to drink plenty of water to help you detoxify. You always need to drink plenty of water not only for your muscles. Don't use those machines for massage, I would recommend better to buy hot packs, that heat helps the muscles to get ';maleable'; and melt and then you can stretch. Don't use cold or ice on muscles unless you have an inflammation. Don't put heat on swellings.





You have to keep going on therapy!! knots and adhesions compress nerves and arteries, and those will create pain, tingling, cramps, numbness, etc. Don't worry, the more you get therapy, the less pain you will feel, the better you will feel.Deep tissue massage question...?
They always tell people to drink water to help flush their system and stay hydrated. If you have a lot of junk in your connective tissues it can liberate some of it and that can cause a minor detox episode which will make you tired and/or sore. It will pass.





Make sure you ignore the troll above me. Dr. P. seems to be angry he can't keep people from their alternative medicine.
I use one of those electric plug in things for my shoulder. It heats up and works great and DID NOT COST MUCH.


I understand the water thing. I drink it when I'm out of beer.


Thanks for asking. Glad I could help. Any time.


That's what I'm here for.


If you feel weak, drink Coke or Pepsi. They have them with real sugar now. Sometimes I just need to grab a bacon cheeseburger.


Get well soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment