Monday, January 18, 2010

Is it possible for massage to cause diarrhea (ex: 2 hours of deep tissue/trigger point)?

Started about one hour after I got home from the 2 hour deep tissue / trigger point massage. Drinking lots of water.Is it possible for massage to cause diarrhea (ex: 2 hours of deep tissue/trigger point)?
I know with deep tissue/Swedish massages your body releases lactic acid into your system. Lactic acid is found in yogurt, sour cream, buttermilk, etc. If those products have upset your stomach before, then it's quite possible that the massage was the cause of your diarrhea.





A massage is like running. Make sure you don't eat 2 hours before and make sure you stay away from sugary foods. It will help ease your stomach a bit.Is it possible for massage to cause diarrhea (ex: 2 hours of deep tissue/trigger point)?
I don't know for sure but I think it could.

1 comment:

  1. Had a deep tissue massage today, legs, buttocks, back and neck, and 20 minutes after I got home the diarrhea started. I've used the bathroom at least 10 times in the last 3 hrs. Wow. Glad I came home directly after the massage. I guess the reason my whole body hurt was my body was full of lactic acid. I feel much better physically though.

    ReplyDelete