Friday, January 15, 2010

Shiatsu massage or deep tissue massage: which one has more pressure?

my neck and back is so sore and feels so good when applied pressure on it: i need a massage asap! Before I leave though I wanted to ask which one has stronger pressure on my muscles: shiatsu or deep tissue?





I seriously need someone to like step on my back it is so knotted;


I know you can ask them to do it firmer but I was curious which one is slower and strongerShiatsu massage or deep tissue massage: which one has more pressure?
Just because it feels good to have pressure applied to your back doesn't mean that is what is going to help you the most. That being said, shiatsu massage is about precise points being stimulated, not deep pressure. If you just want deep pressure then deep tissue or neuromuscular is what you are looking for.Shiatsu massage or deep tissue massage: which one has more pressure?
I've heard that sweedish body massage is quite good, and they use alot of pressure, ive never tried it myself. I've never tried shiatsu either, but will try it next week.





I had a scalp and neck massage today and that was really good.





I'm sure both are equally benificial, really it depends on the therapist, if they are good and experienced, they will be able to detect any tension in your body and will apply appropriate pressure in that area.





Also there are exercises you can do your self, and a good therapist will tell you about that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment