Friday, January 15, 2010

Neck & Back Pain. Is a Deep Tissue Massage the answer?

I am seventeen years old and I am a senior in high school. I stress so much over things and I have job that has me sitting at a computer all day. My neck and back are in so much pain every day and I wish I just had no tension in my back. I went to the massage therapist about a month back and they told me that I have so many knots. They couldn't beleive a seventeen year old had so much knots. I had knots in my ankles, arms, upper neck and back. They want me to go in every two weeks but I don't have the time or money to be spending every month. I was wondering would it benefit me to get a 2 hour Deep Tissue Massage to at least release most of the tension? I was also wondering, should I see a chiropractor if my back is this bad?Neck %26amp; Back Pain. Is a Deep Tissue Massage the answer?
I quit wasting my money on short-term treatments that depend on other people to force out my symptoms. Massage makes me hurt worse, and my last adjustment gave me a migraine. Neck adjustments can result in strokes, permanent disability, and death.





Now I address the root cause of my physical tension. You already know what the real problem is...you stress yourself out! How can a 2 hour massage or a 2-minute adjustment possibly cure the stress you suffer during 5,000 hours in a month? It's impossible!





I have re-trained my mind and body so I'm more relaxed most of the time. 5 days a week I either do yoga or progressive relaxation. It focuses my mind, calms my body, and makes me more aware of where am holding tension. These are useful tools that help me TAKE CONTROL OF MY OWN STRESS so I feel 80% pain-free every day.





You can do both for free. Below is a link to a page that will guide you through a progressive relaxation session. I prefer the Combination Relaxation Exercise in the 4th paragraph down.Neck %26amp; Back Pain. Is a Deep Tissue Massage the answer?
Chiropractic is the best solution for neck and back pain. A chiropractor will be able to tell you why you have this problem and also fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment