Friday, January 15, 2010

Deep tissue or hot stone massage?

I've never been to a spa before, but it's something I've always wanted to do. My boyfriend bought me a gift card for my birthday, so I want to have the best experience possible. Is there more to a hot stone massage than just placing stones on you? Which massage would be better for de-stressing? Also, if you have any tips like how much to tip, what to wear, etc. I would greatly appreciate it.Deep tissue or hot stone massage?
They give a massage before the hot stones and it would be the best for destressing. Since you have never been to a massage before, I would not recommend the deep tissue. It hurts sometimes and you will be sore later. It is for after you have relaxed some. Also, massage releases toxins locked in your muscles. Jumping into a deep tissue the first time could release a little too much at one time.





I would tip the same as you would for any other service..isin't it 15% or something?





I would wear something comfortable that you can get in and out of easily. You will be relaxed at the end and won't feel like dealing with a bunch of buttons and such. Don't bother with the makeup if you are getting a facial.





You will love it....have fun!Deep tissue or hot stone massage?
I was a massage therapist... HOT STONE.. get something relaxing not deep tissue, you could hurt the next day. A hot stone massage, we actually use the stones to massage you, as well as our hands... it will give you goosebumps if it's a good therapist! tip 10% or whatever you feel, that's the ';norm';. get undressed down to your underwear then get under the blanket and lie face down or face up covered up whichever way they prefer to start with you.
Go for the deep tissue massage. Especially for de-stressing. I'm so in need of one myself! Enjoy!!!!! I'm so jealous.
it depends if you like to be rubber rough or not, some people say deep tissue really hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment