Thursday, January 14, 2010

Why do I feel so awful after deep tissue massage? I have fibromyalgia.?

It didn't used to be this bad when I got myofascial release therapy and the like. Lately, when I get any type of massage, I feel a distinct lack of well-being and a longing for bedtime. Is it more toxins, getting older? Any thoughts?Why do I feel so awful after deep tissue massage? I have fibromyalgia.?
When you get a massage, the toxins (in the knots) come out and if you don't drink a lot of water to flush out your system, you can get feelings of sickness and tiredness.


Drink tons of water before and after your massage, especially the deep tissue kind.Why do I feel so awful after deep tissue massage? I have fibromyalgia.?
because deep tissue massage agitates the muscles. What you got in therapy was a soft tissue massage or what is known as a swedish massage, not a deep massage, which are two different things.





Hope this helps you?
Don't get one done, use a warm bath or hot tub or warm pool set and relax. You are stiring up pain you can do without. Stop it.
With fybromyalgia you are in constant pain anyway. To massage these points just tend to stress them even more. I have lived with it for 6 years now. But the medication helps...Learn not to overstress the pain points..
IF A DOCTOR'S diagnosis says you have fibromyalgia, you might request an MRI to rule out a cervical myelopathy.





Symptomatically they're the same, but it took years before a rheumatologist MRI'd me and determined it was not fibromyalgia...
Deep Tissue Massage is not the correct type of massage to have for Fibromyalgia! You need to have a Swedish Massage and you can look this up on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment