Friday, January 15, 2010

Deep Tissue Massage Interactions?

I am trying to find a list of medications/drugs that should be avoided when receiving a massage (more specifically a deep tissue massage)





I am mostly concerned with the following





-SSRI Anti-depressants such as Lexapro





-ADHD Stimulants such as Adderall or Vyvanse





-Time release preparations/medications(particularly of the previously mentioned medications)





I have tried searching extensively and have so far come up with no info on this stuff... tried to find medications you should avoid but could only find mentionings that you should inform your massage therapist of medications you are on





I want to find a listing of meds(site a source) or find someone that actually knows the answer to this question(medical professional)Deep Tissue Massage Interactions?
I'm not aware of any medications that would interact badly with a deep tissue massage, other than blood thinners, since people taking those tend to bruise very easily.Deep Tissue Massage Interactions?
I have never heard anything like that and I have been doing massage for 20 years. There actually is no scientific proof that massage does increase the circulation other than the fact that people's skin gets red. If increasing circulation had an effect then people wouldn't be able to exercise and be on the drugs.





The only thing I ever watch for are people on pain killers which would make them unable to feel the massage and what I was doing and people with blood clotting issues.
  • bebo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment