Sunday, January 3, 2010

Can a deep-tissue massage during pregnancy hurt your baby?

I know that when you get a massage where they work the knots out of your muscles, it releases toxins into your bloodstream. One can even get nauseous after a massage and you are advised to drink lots of water to wash it out of your system. What do you think?





By the way, I'm not pregnant, just curious.Can a deep-tissue massage during pregnancy hurt your baby?
Im not sure either but i have heard that you cant and allot of spas do special pregnancy massages so that to me suggests that maybe you cant have th regular onesCan a deep-tissue massage during pregnancy hurt your baby?
I had lots of massages during my pregnancy. I didn't have any problems. The lady who did them specialized in pregnancy so she knew what to do and how to make me comfortable. There wear a couple of time that I did get nauseous but if was because of the muscles she was working on. I still get nauseued when she works on them and I' not pregnant.
it's fine. go ahead. just don't massage the baby into an abortion.
I wouldn't advise it. There are pressure points on the body that can cause contractions and premature labor, so a deep tissue massage isn't really a good idea. I had a prenatal massage when I was pregnant with my first, but the lady was experienced with giving them to pregnant women and knew what she shouldn't touch. She refused to do anything to my feet, lol! The toxins aren't really a good idea, either.
Massage therapists can get extra training on massage for pregnancy. They know how to appropriately treat the pregnant body.
You can get a massage but they do not recommend one until after the first trimester. Also as far as deep tissue, I would get an ok from your ob first. There are certain pressure points that can trigger labor.
When pregnant there is a massage called a pregnancy massage and the person doing it should be certified and know what chemicals and massage techniques to use and not use.
  • bebo
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment