Thursday, January 14, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a deep tissue massage inducing a rash?

I went for a deep tissue massage because I have been extremely stressed lately, and suffering from major muscle and joint pain.





The massage was great, but the next day I woke up with a red, itchy burning mild rash on my neck and upper chest area.





I know massages can release toxins, just wondering if the rash is a result of that.Has anyone ever heard of a deep tissue massage inducing a rash?
It can either be from the toxins released from the fat break up and circulation of lymphatic fluids, allergy to the other person's skin oil, or the massaging oil/product, or inflammation reaction to the deep tissue.





Keep drinking water and put ice on the area for 20 mins on and 40 mins off to calm it down.Has anyone ever heard of a deep tissue massage inducing a rash?
Also, do you know if the therapist maybe used a different kind of lotion or cream on your neck and shoulders. Sometimes I know they will and then use a grapeseed oil on the rest of the body. Check to see what they used, you may be allergic to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment